Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

The weather managed to to relent for Christmas. It was a tad difficult to find parking in Chicago but otherwise the trip to both families went remarkably well. From what we experienced the city has not plowed side-streets so there were larger than expected snow banks. At least, there weren't any attempts to save spaces with chairs and other household objects.

I'm very excited by the presents I received this year; most are related to knitting. Here's a sampling:

- Two Pretty Cheap Project Bags
- Size 9 dpn (I'm working on the Astrid Shawl.)
- Small French Knitter (I hate making i-cords!)
- It Itches by Franklin Habit
- Picture Perfect Knits by Laura Birek
- Knit Too by Kate Jacobs (Friday Night Knitting Club was a great read!)
- Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmerman
- The Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmerman
- Knit Picks Interchangeable Wood Circular Knitting Needles, size 4-11
- Subscription to Interweave Knits

I've already used the interchangeable needles to work on a pedal bib (found in One Skein by Leigh Radford). They're slicker then I thought they would be and not as blunt as the bamboo needles I own, which was very useful when having to p3tog. Their crayola-like colorway is what drew me to them. Aren't they gorgeous?!

No comments: