Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

It's almost time.

I've been anxiously waiting and today...I got my username and password for the Rockin' Sock Club. Fantastic! I'm ready for my yarn package to arrive, which reminds me...

I went a little crazy this weekend at the local yarn store: Wool and Company (Geneva, IL). With reckless abandon, I went through almost my entire gift certificate, purchasing:
  • 3 skeins of Tahki Donegal Tweed in Charcoal
  • 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon
  • 2 skeins of Lamb's Pride Worsted and 1 skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky
  • 1 skein of Blue Sky Alpalca's Dyed Cotton
  • 1 skein of Rowan Wool Silk DK



I do have plans for each skein so I'm off to a better start than normal. When I go on yarn expeditions, I tend to buy whatever is appealing which doesn't always work out with than making it into something. But with my stash being an ever growing beast, I don't know when I'll get around to these projects.

I'm still working on the Flame Wave socks from Favorite Socks, after having ripped back from the heel over Christmas. I choose the smaller size and it turned out to be too small for my feet. I couldn't even get them over my heel. It was quite sad and disappointing to have to rip back hours worth of work. In the end, I'll be able to wear them so it works out in the end.

No comments: