Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finished the Children's Hat

The children's hat was a quick knit. Perhaps too quick. I found a minor error in my hat. And, it was unfortunately something I didn't notice until the very end.

What happened exactly? My hat is missing a yarn over, trapping one end of the I-cord inside the hat. To overcome this absence, I just pulled the I-cord through a knit stitch. I know it might cause some undue pressure on the knit stitch but I don't really like the thought of ripping back most of the hat to knit in a yarn over. When I gift the hat, I'll warn the person of this error ("Don't take the I-cord out."). I'm sure they'll understand, whoever they happen to be. Since most of my friends and acquaintances aren't knitters, I'm sure they won't mind. Or so I am telling myself.

I'll definitely knit this pattern again. It's a quick knit and the end result is a very cute hat. I'm going to give it a go in Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I have loads of this yarn and need a means to get it out of my stash.

1 comment:

scott said...

HI Fran,
Yours is the only blog which notes the problem in the pattern of the number of eyelit holes. I've made the hat twice, and forgot in between versions, that there is a problem with the pattern, not your knitting.

Instead of weaving the i-cord through a knit stitch, I just threaded it through the very first hole (between the widest eyelit holes).

I'm glad you noticed the problem, but rest assured it was not on your end. I can't figure out why no one else has brought this up on Ravelry.

Happy Knitting!
ScottA (ravelry screen name)