Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Meet Henry. Henry Meet Everyone.

I started a Henry Rollins "knitted action figure" back in 2005 after going to one of his spoken word shows. I had high hopes that I could quickly make this and give it to my husband. It wasn't meant to be a gift really because I can't do deadlines. But oh my, should I have had a deadline. Without one, this thing lingered in my UFO pile for four years. I had everything knitted up within a month or so but when it came to seaming, I just didn't want to do it. I hate sewing things together, which was the very reason why I knitted the Drop-Stitch Tank in the round. My seaming skills are lacking and it's a bit obvious when looking at Henry Rollins arms. I didn't sew the shoulder seam correctly and by the time I noticed, I had already picked up stitches for his head.

He was knitted with Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic, which is kind of a crisp yarn. I think he looks pretty good.


No comments: